Sunday 22 March 2015

Connan Mockasin - Faking Jazz Together

I've come to realise that I am exceedingly bad at meeting commitments and essentially what that means is I'm abandoning my "Best of 2014" series of posts. There's plenty more records I loved that I didn't even get to touch on (think Owen Pallet's "In Conflict", Timber Timbre's "Hot Dreams", Aphex Twin's "Syro", and Shabazz Palace's "Lese Majesty" among others) but I can't find the motivation to talk about them anymore. I want to keep things current, just write down the things I'm thinking in the moment.

That's why I'm sharing this excellent music video for Connan Mockasin's "Faking Jazz Together". Admittedly it's a few years old but I hadn't seen it until recently and I must say it has rapidly become one of my absolute favourite music video's of all time. Dark, haunting and completely otherworldly. The place that Connan inhabits is unlike anything any other artist has touched on.

Buy his album "Forever Dolphin Love" here and watch the masterpiece below (fullscreen and in HD)!

No comments:

Post a Comment